[K12OSN] how about a live CD or live usb hard drive?

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 15:41:19 UTC 2005

That's a good idea, but I'm just a guy.  I'm not doing
this as a business.  I'm just trying to keep my taxes
low and make sure the school is all set by the time my
son starts kindergarten.

If I have $500 to spend on computer equipment, I'm
gonna get myself a nice lcd monitor!  But I figure I
can afford a USB hard drive enclosure and throw an old
6GB drive in it.  That's why I was asking about the
"live hard drive" setup.

Jim, you mentioned 5 clients being the limit on this
type of machine.  That's good info to know.  What, in
your opinion, is the limiting factor in your case?
RAM?  CPU?  Would a P4 (rather than a Celeron) make a
difference?

-Rob