Re: [K12OSN] Booting iMacs and YUM Question

Selzler, Bruce wrote:
Hello Team,

I have two questions.  First, I just updated a LTSP server via yum so that I can
boot iMacs from the server.  On the test iMac, its one of the blue bondi's, it
actually starts to boot then comes up with the following error;

ERROR! Failed to mount the root directory via NFS!

I'm assuming this is whats keeping the system from booting altogether.  However
it appears that NFS is running correctly.  Any ideas?

Make sure that the ppc directory is exported. You should see a line like this in /etc/exports:

/opt/ltsp/ppc 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(ro,no_root_squash,sync)

If you don't see a "/opt/ltsp/ppc" line, you can either add that line by hand or run (if you have a stock install)

/opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/setup-update.sh

Afterwards, run:

exportfs -a

That should do it.

Second, I have another server, which happens to be identical to the one just
discussed, that I updated so I can work with the schoolbell program.  While
schoolbell was installed and works on the first server, it does not on the
second server.  And, as I said, these are identical servers and configurations.
Any ideas?

Let me know what you think.

- Sez

What does the logs say? /var/log/schoolbell

-Eric