I ran a number of updates this morning (both on my K12LTSP box as well as my Active Directory System). I use ldap to retrieve the user account information from AD. Now I'm having problems with "getent passwd" taking close to 30 seconds to return... instead of less than a second. This is keeping users from functioning properly because user ID lookups take 30 seconds. I had encoutered this problem before when I moved my own workstation to a new subnet... and fixed it when I moved the workstation back to the current subnet. I'm going to try to reboot the Active Directory system tonight (I haven't been able to since it still serves DHCP at the moment as well as the grading system (and grades are due tomorrow to be processed, so that's really stressfull too).
Description: OpenPGP digital signature