Re: [K12OSN] thin clients

I would think that the video on the thin client machines would be every bit as good as the video using a PC as a thin client if configured correctly. There is a school near here that uses terminals (Wyse) and the video is quote acceptable for them.

If you are mixing terminals and PCs, you must take steps in your lts.conf and dhcp.conf files to make sure that the appropriate IP numbers are assigned to the correct hardware and that the correct video drivers are used.

John Arends wrote:

This is interesting...I was looking forward to using something like that, but now I may rethink it.

What PCs do you guys use? Any random ones you can get your hands on, or have you standardized on something? I want to try setting up 10 terminals and a server as a test, but cost is a huge factor.

wparrott gcps1 com 04/19/05 12:23 PM >>>

Shawn,

Thanks for the tip! :) I knew that there was something too good to be
true about them...