Re: [K12OSN] thin clients

I use the Amptron Book PCs as thin clients booting from the network. They make good thin clients - as long as the power supplies hold out. :)

William Parrott wrote:

Hi John,

We aren't using it in production yet. We are testing as well. I'm
currently supporting over 1200 PC's and 36 servers in a Windows 2003
network. I was looking to the K12LTSP project as a way to run some
legacy Windows apps (using emulation) on thin-client devices. The goal
for us is to do away with desktop PC's in labs where a thin-client can
do the job. To ease the cost of transition from PC to thin-client
devices we are looking to leverage several white-box PC's we purchased
over the last 8 years. Most of them are "book-pc's", made by a few
different manufacturer's but Amptron comes to mind. They are PIII
Celeron-based with 128MB of RAM, 20Gig HDD, and CD-ROM.

Hope this helps,

William