[K12OSN] Server Tuning

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Wed Apr 20 02:26:17 UTC 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 linuxk12 at mountainlake.k12.mn.us wrote:

> The same server also acts as an ldap database (for the OSX clients) and
> mail server (sendmail, spamassassin, imap).  Here is a count of some
> of these processes that are all running at the same time as reported
> by 'ps':

I would try to move the spamassassin off the box.  It is running alot of
string based comparisons.  I've seen it really bog some boxes down,
especially if a large file (spam) gets sent to a group of your users at once.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE       jim at rossberry.com http://www.rossberry.com
Thomas Paine