[K12OSN] Ubuntu question quick - Dave?

I just set up Ubuntu to try and build my first debain based server.  I
tried actual debian but had trouble detecting hardware (Ubuntu went
without a catch).  But now I can't log in as root and it never asked me
for a root password.  Dave I figured you would know what I am missing
here being you're a current Ubuntu nut :-)

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188
jim winonacotter org