[K12OSN] Planning for Next Year

Hello all,
I'm putting together my summer to-do list and I plan to do some serious re-organization of my current server setup. I'm hoping some of those here more experience with Linux can help me out. I have a Windows NT domain with approximately 700 users on about 400 PCs. I want to move my PDC to a Samba/LDAP server and let my Win 2K/XP machines authenticate to that. I have a server I've been using as my K12LTSP server. It's a one-NIC setup supporting about 50 clients, though rarely more than 20 at any one time. It's a dual Xeon 2.4GHz with 4GB RAM and an SATA RAID array for storage. My question is this: Could this machine serve has both my K12LTSP server AND my Samba/LDAP server? Could this hardware handle the user authentication and the accompanying file management and still be an effective thin-client server? Our high school students in particular make extensive use of the network storage and frequently move large files across the network. What would be the most likely bottleneck here? Is this too much to ask of a single server? Are my specs. too meager? Would I be able to achieve seamless integration of Windows and Linux logons with this setup? Would I have to share the user directory via both Samba and NFS to do so? Any wisdom would be appreciated.

--
C-ya,
Mark