Re: [K12OSN] Given this situation, why bother continue with LTSP?

The Prof <joseph bishay gmail com> on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 at 2:15 PM
+0000 wrote:
>Given that the major driving force which helped me discover LTSP was
>the ability to afford Windows, with that roadblock gone, what reason
>is there not to go with Windows?

Take the freebies....use both!  More access all around.  Granted, much as
I hate to deal with Windows....it's hard to turn down the freebies....if
it were me....I'd run both side by side....given that 80% of the use
(number is probably higher) is to access the internet....doesn't matter
what you use (excepting of course...viruses, spyware...etc.)  You should
insist that the machines come with fully functional anti-virus and
anti-spyware...all paid for...etc.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School