Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.1

Henry Hartley wrote:
A friend asked if I had a set of FC3 CDs he could borrow.  I told him I
had this think called K12LTSP but that it would give him an FC3 install
with a few possible extras if he wanted them.  This is for use on a
stand-alone workstation, not a server.  My question for the list is,
should I give him 4.2.0 CDs or should I burn discs of 4.2.1?  I know
4.2.1 is still not officially released but it sounds pretty close.  If I
understand correctly, 4.2.1 is based on FC3, just like 4.2.0 but has
many of the updates that have been release since the FC3 release.  Is
that right?  Is there anything else of significance I need to know about
4.2.1?

I'm done with 4.2.1.

I'll be putting out an announcement in a little bit after I finish
putting out a few fires.

Here is the preliminary change log:

http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/4.2.1/CHANGELOG

and the ISOs...

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.2.1/iso/
rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP/* .

ftp://sunsite.utk.edu/pub/linux/k12ltsp/4.2.1/iso/ http://sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/linux/k12ltsp/4.2.1/iso/

-Eric