Re: [K12OSN] Which server would you prefer?

Gavin Chester wrote:
The popular answer is contrary to Jeff's answer above

I'm used to being unpopular, so I'll go the other way. :) I agree with Jeff. Pentium Pro is just waaaaay to old. My thin clients have more horsepower than a pentium pro...

I have a quad Xeon (500mhz) server that is too pokey for wide scale use. If you knocked that down to a Pentium Pro, I think it would be painful.

Try installing linux on the machine, and use it as a desktop. My gut feeling is that even as a 1 user computer, you're going to be disappointed with the Pentium Pro.

Just my 2 cents...
-Shawn

-- Shawn Powers Technology Director Inland Lakes Schools PHN: 231-238-6868 x9174 FAX: 509-356-7024 spowers inlandlakes org http://techcorner.inlandlakes.org