[K12OSN] single user for samba/ldap PDC

I have done away with with my windows domain controller and replaced it
using a Samba/LDAP server (using David Trask instructions). Everything has
gone smoothly so far. I generated 1200 users with the bulk user add script
and created groups. The problem I need help (and I should know this) with
is what are the terminal commands to create a single user and put them
into an existing group. Also how do I create a user with administrator
privelages across the domain?

I also would like my k12ltsp box to authenticate to this new server. I
have run authconfig but I am not sure which of the settings I am suppose
to choose. Thanks for the help.

Randy Swift
Network Administrator
Leavitt Area High School