[K12OSN] IceWM, Gnome & Nautilus FRUSTRATIONS

richard ingalls aslansreturn at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 16:24:43 UTC 2005

Can anyone help me get IceWM working WITH the desktop
icons and file manager, etc.?  Can anyone help me get
GNOME working?

I have a machine that serves the /home directories to
the other K12LTSP servers in my building.  It is a new
install of FC3.  When students logon in this
particular classroom (where the /home server is)...
everything is fine!  yeah.  BUT, when they attempt to
logon at one of the other classrooms (each has it's
own LTSP server and NFS mounts /home)... they can get
IceWM (with NO icons, file manager, etc.) and they
CAN'T get GNOME at all!  What is going on?

I'm so frustrated with FC3 right now regarding this
situation that I'm considering going back to Red Hat
8.0 (3.0.0 distibution - it just worked!).  Do a
complete reinstall on ALL my machines.  Sure FC3 looks
great, but it has NOT made my life easier or more
productive or very much fun.