Re: [K12OSN] [reposted] yum OR apt - which?

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 12:55 +0200, Daniel Hedblom wrote:
> You can avoid going trough refreshing the repo on yum by doing
> #yum -C install packagename. -C tells yum to not refresh the repo but
> instead
> use the local one.

Thanks for your opinion and info, Daniel :-)  I have used the "-C"
switch when I know I have a package cached, however I generally blow out
the clutter by cleaning out the cache after an update.  Either way, yum
still takes a long time (on my 450MHz) before it finishes grinding
through the steps required to start looking for, or downloading, any
packages.  Your answer seems to suggest that's not the case for you -
for local packages, anyway.

--
Regards,
        Gavin Chester