[K12OSN] IceWM, Gnome & Nautilus FRUSTRATIONS

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Thu Apr 28 19:23:13 UTC 2005

More info please....are you using Samba/LDAP or simply mount the /home
directory somewhere like a mapped drive?  I use IceWM and use Samba/LDAP
meaning we export /home to the K12LTSP server and mount it in the same
place (ie: /home actually lives on the Samba/LDAP server).  Are there any
icons at all or are they all pieces of paper.  If there are icons, but
they're the pieces of paper....that's usually fixable by deleting the
contents of the /tmp directory and then running the "reset-all-desktops"
script.  OR if you're mounting home from another FC3 server and it is not
a server loaded from the K12LTSP disks...then you may need to actually
populate the /home directories with the contents of /etc/skel from the
K12LTSP server....you can run the reset-all-desktops script
(/opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/)  I think....and that will do it...or do
what I do...use K12LTSP as the FC3 server (just don't activate the LTSP
bits) and then you'll have the same stuff in /etc/skel as well as the same
scripts.

Like I said...I use IceWM with Nautilus with export and mounted home dirs
and it runs fine.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School