[K12OSN] How Do I Go BACK to RedHat 8 from Fedora Core 3?

FC3 does something to the boot loader that prevents me
from doing a fresh install of old Red Hat 8.  It
appears to be working fine, but when it needs to
reboot at the end of the install process, it goes to a
minial grub command line.  Won't boot to RH8.

How can I get back my old, precious, functiong Red Hat
8 system from the evil clutches of Darth Fedora?