[K12OSN] IceWM, Gnome & Nautilus FRUSTRATIONS

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Fri Apr 29 04:19:51 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 15:57 -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> > - RedHat8.0 based K12LTSP (3.0.0) server; serving
> > /home out to other LTSP servers (all RH8).  No
> > problems.
> > - upgraded the OTHER classroom machines to FC3 based
> > K12LTSP (4.2.0); everything still worked fine
> >
> > THEN
> > -upgraded the /home server to FC3 (4.2.0); did a
> > complete FRESH install
>
> Are you missing something that synced the users from the other classroom
> machines to the /home server?  Maybe user ID's no longer match if that
> used to be the master list of users and is completely fresh.

1. Maybe it is simply that in RH8 you used version of OO that gave
command oowriter to start writer and now it is swriter?
Check the file /usr/share/icewm/menu and edit launch lines for various
programs.

2. See my post earlier in the week regarding icons and background. start
nautilus and everything will appear. Unfortunately I have yet to
discover how to start nautilus automatically on login.

HTH
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux