[K12OSN] Cannot get flash-plugin

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Mon Aug 1 22:07:51 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've just done a sandbox install of 4.4 pre3.  I got sound working, but
can't test it in flash as I can't seem to get flash.  Double clicking on
the icon in the "Install Additional Software" folder....get's me nothing
but a blinking cursor in terminal.  I read the get.flash script.  It uses
up2date....I tried running up2date manually.....nothing.  (never mind...I
fixed it...was getting hung up in DansGuardian...)  BUT...I still can't
get the flash-plugin...

Apt-get runs fine, but can't find the flash-plugin in the repository.  I
prefer apt-get whenever possible as yum is way too slow....can you put
flash-plugin in the repo?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School