[K12OSN] LTSP demo offer for schools in Wash, DC area

"Terrell Prudé, Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon Aug 8 22:46:01 UTC 2005

Folks,

For those of you in schools in the greater Washington, DC area, I make
the following offer.

I have a dual-Athlon K12LTSP server with 4GB DRAM which I am willing to
use for demos.  I estimate that my server can power anywhere between 30
and 40 clients running either GNOME or KDE before it starts swapping to
disk.  If you are in a situation in which you wish to present LTSP to
your administration, then I am willing to bring my server and support
you in that endeavour.  If you have a bunch of "old" boxes like the
Optiplex GX1's below, or Pentium-100's or whatever, that you don't know
what to do with,  I can, and am willing to, show you and your bosses
what to do with them.

My price:  a negotiable quantity of chocolate.  I think that's
reasonable.  :-)

Why:  I believe enough in Free Software, especially with regard to
children, to do this.

My qualifications:  way too much to outline here.  If someone cares
about that stuff, feel free to ask me privately.

--TP