[K12OSN] Mac Client Question

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Aug 9 18:40:59 UTC 2005

This may not help, but check that the lts.conf file in /opt/ltsp/ppc/etc/ matches the
lts.conf in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc.  At the beginning of the summer I installed a beta of
4.2.1 on a test server because I got a Mac that I wanted to see boot.  I used the beta
because I just had those disks on hand.  It worked fine, the Mac booted right up, there
was harmony in the world, etc.  In the intervening two months, the disk in my main
terminal server, running 3.1.2, died.  With a new hard drive, I installed the regular
release of 4.2.1.  My Intel clients booted just fine, but I got the grey X screen but no
display manager.  The problem turned out to be that my network is uses 172.26.18.x,
which did end up in the /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf file, but the lts.conf file for PPC
was still set to the default 192.168.x.x settings.  I changed that, and the Mac terminal
came right up.  You're using the 4.4, I understand, but the problem might be the same.
HTH

Petre