[K12OSN] What happened to squidguard?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Aug 11 03:19:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, richard ingalls wrote:

> I'm using 4.2.0 with a standard install.  I also
> included dansguardian.  I wanted squid, squidguard,
> dansguardian and transparent proxying to run.  BUT
> after doing a yum upgrade, squidguard and transparent
> proxy are gone!  Where did they go?  I LIKED them!
> Squidguard would filter out advertisements that DG
> doesn't filter.  Is there a way to get the SG
> blacklists to be run be DG?  Why did transparent proxy
> go away?
>
> Thanks.

"transparent-proxying" is in the squidGuard package. If SG is
removed it will remove that service as well.

Now, where did your squidGuard go?  It is in the repository, so I
don't see how an update could have removed it?

What does /etc/yum.repos.d/k12ltsp.repo contain? It *should* be:

 	[k12ltsp]
 	name=K12LTSP
 	mirrorlist=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/mirrors/k12ltsp-4.2
 	gpgkey=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP-GPG-KEY
 	enabled=1
 	gpgcheck=1

Once you are sure your respository info is correct, you can get
squidGuard back using yum:

 	yum install squidGuard

-Eric