[K12OSN] OT: Conferences in Midwest

Scott Sherrill scott at hancock.k12.mi.us
Fri Aug 12 11:45:38 UTC 2005

I apologize to the moderators, I posted the message with the wrong email
addy the first time I tried.

Off topic from K12LTSP but since all types of information is shared and
discussed....

I am looking for anyone with leads (and preferably websites) on midwest
area conferences.  I was thinking of a conference geared towards K12
folk, but not a teacher conference.    Something geeky ;-)

The group I work with is located in Michigan but we are closer to
Minneapolis, and Chicago than we are to Detroit.   I've found a great
conference in Michigan (MAEDS) and Wisconsin (Brainstorm), but I open to
new places and pools of knowledge.

I suppose if the conference is good and the price is right (read
"cheap"), I am open to suggestions for any other conferences across the
US too.  I made the trek to NELS in Maine this year and that was another
gem.

Thanks eh.

Scott