[K12OSN] Printer on thin client

steve gilmore stegil at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 17 17:25:22 UTC 2005

We have used really old computers , especially desktops  so that we sit the printers on them , as network print servers. The advantage is uniform speed of printing from all thinclients , and doesn't depend on a particular thinclient running. You run up to 3 parrallel printers per server . We haven't tried serial , but i'm sure it's the same setup.
see the following url for instructions.

http://www.pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/

SteveG