[K12OSN] FW: DHCP Option128/129 MOPTS - not working

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Aug 18 19:18:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 13:31, Peter Van den Wildenbergh wrote:

> The reason for all this is to get (in case you want to know)
> a server running K12LTSP with NX on one end and
> clients on the other end of a 1MB pipe.
> All works fine in a test lab were server and client are close to each other
> as soon as we put the client a couple hops further away
> the client boot process hangs on the pivot_root.
>
> Any suggestions?

If you have enough clients in one location to make it worthwhile,
I'd park a boot server nearby.  One of the machines you are using
as a client would probably work if it has a hard drive.  You can
either also let it provide DHCP for the local boxes or tweak the
main dhcp server to give it out in the next-server and root-path
options for that subnet.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com