[K12OSN] Added a presentation on the wiki

Bill Bardon bill.bardon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 17:31:24 UTC 2005

On Monday, Aug 22 Petre Scheie wrote:
> Not willing to give you a day or so ;-) I pulled down the OOo 2.0 beta
> and was able to see your presentation just fine.  And a good
> presentation it is!

Thanks.  I'm still working out an issue with logging in to the wiki to
edit the presentation info, which is why you haven't seen the other
version yet.

OOo v2.0 is very solid.  I've been using it for the past month with no
problems.  The OOo team has done a great job.

> On your last slide, it mentions a 'prototype CD' with some
> cross-platofrm apps, installable from a web page.  Is that your own CD
> or something like the OpenCD?

Petre, you keep spurring me on to greater heights!  :-)

I've uploaded the ISO image to my web site.  You can download it here:
http://www.computassist.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=41

It's similar to the OpenCD, but I've got my own list of applications.
I would have used the OpenCD, which is a great tool with its own
merits, but there were some apps that I installed in our lab that are
not on the OpenCD, and I wanted students and parents to be able to get
them just as easily.  So I built my own.

I guess I should list the apps, eh?

OpenOffice.org v1.9.118
Mozilla Firefox v1.0.6
Sword Project Bible software v1.5.6