[K12OSN] Running NovaNet on clients

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Tue Aug 23 23:41:31 UTC 2005

On Aug 23, 2005, at 3:20 PM, R. Scott Belford wrote:

> Is anyone accessing NovaNet from their thin clients?
>
> This is the link to it
>
> http://www.pearsondigital.com/novanet/
>
> and one of our schools wants to expand their access to it.  It
> appears that it can accessed through a standard web browser, but I
> sure would like to know if anyone has had experience with it yet.

In my experience, Novanet is _not_ accessible via a web browser. Take
a look at the system requirements and their description of the client
requirements, which describe the "Portal" software. That is a Windows
or Mac binary which must be installed on each workstation.
http://www.pearsondigital.com/secure/novanet/NNSysReq.pdf

I've never tried a Wine installation, but that might be a possibility.

--
Dan Young <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us>
Parkrose School District