[K12OSN] Running NovaNet on clients

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Wed Aug 24 02:58:31 UTC 2005

Dan Young wrote:

> In my experience, Novanet is _not_ accessible via a web browser. Take  a
> look at the system requirements and their description of the client
> requirements, which describe the "Portal" software. That is a Windows
> or Mac binary which must be installed on each workstation.
> http://www.pearsondigital.com/secure/novanet/NNSysReq.pdf

This is the document that has left me with questions.  It appears that
they offer a LAN/WAN option where they put equipment on the customer's
premise.  I read this to be the one to require the binary.  It *seems*
that the other access option, the Internet option, does not require any
installation.  I am going to call them and to try and access it from the
school tomorrow with a laptop.

> I've never tried a Wine installation, but that might be a possibility.

Thanks, Dan, for the insight and suggestion.  Maybe I'll discover something.

> --
> Dan Young <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us>
> Parkrose School District

--scott