[K12OSN] Using an etherboot thin client as a jetdirct device.

John P. Conlon jconlon1 at elp.rr.com
Mon Aug 29 00:14:59 UTC 2005

I have used the information that I have received to try and make this
happen and it isn't working.  That leads me to believe that there is
something else I need to do so her is what I have done and what I'm
using.  Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Operating system: FC4.4 k12ltsp
Thin client is an old computer set up for etherboot.
The printer is an HP Laserjet 4 Plus parallel port device.

Below are the changes placed in the files I was informed I needed to change

lts.conf file modification
[00:40:33:e2:e7:63]
       PRINTER_0_DEVIE = /dev/lp0
       PRINTER_0_TYPE  =  P

dhcpd.conf file modification
host  ws001 {
    hardware ethernet     00:40:33:e2:e7:63
      fixed address   192.186.0.1
}

I went to the dhcpd.leases file and removed the leases for this MAC
address of this thin client.
I ran updatedb before trying to set up the printer
In printer setup I tried the IP address I had set and I also tried the
MAC address nothing works.

I tried this also using the MAC address in place of ws001 in the
dhcpd.conf file.

1. What else do I need to do?
2. How do I do what ever it is I need to do?

Thanks in advance
Pat