[K12OSN] OpenOffice 1.9.xx for k124.2.1EL?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Aug 29 19:02:10 UTC 2005

John Baillie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I ran yum list hoping to find the new version of OO but only found the
> 1.1.2 packages for OpenOffice.

Correct. The EL "enterprise" builds specifically included older,
well-tested versions of packages. If you want the "latest-n-greatest",
bleeding-edge version of packages, that is what the 4.4.x release is for...

> Is there an official K12 OpenOffice1.9.xx = package for k124.2.1EL in
> the pipe?

No.

> Or can I use the K12 4.4 packages and setup scripts?

No. Or at least "extremely unlikely", I have not 100% verified that this
will not work ;-)

-Eric