[K12OSN] OpenOffice 1.9.xx for k124.2.1EL?

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Tue Aug 30 13:29:37 UTC 2005

Eric Harrison wrote:

> John Baillie wrote:
>

>> I have OO 1.9.118 installed on a test box and thought I'd take a whack
>> at getting the oo specific lts_config scripts to work on EL.
>>
>> Yeah I know... but it's too late to switch OS's.
>>
>> I looked for the source rpms for the updated lts_config files but only
>> found ltsp_config-0.0.32-k12ltsp.4.4.0.src.rpm
>>
>> Can you pass them on to me Eric?
>>
>> I had been looking at George Kocke's userprep
>> to push out OO 1.9.xxx but I'd like to see if I can get this to work.
>

> Attached are my patches. These will *probably* work with OO 1.9.118, but
>  may require a small amount of tweaking on the pathnames.
>

> Usage is pretty straight-forward:
>
> 1) save the attached patches on the server, say in /root/ooo-patches/
>
> 2) apply the patches:
>
>     cd /root/ooo-patches
>     patch -p0 -N < oo-writer-doc.patch
>     patch -p0 -N < oo-calc-xls.patch
>     patch -p0 -N < oo-impress-ppt.patch
>

> 3) done!
>

> -Eric

Thanks Eric,

I updated to the latest version of OOo and changed the paths in your
files to match EL but it failed.
I gave my self a crash course on diff and patch, but I ended up manually
entering the changes in the OOo regestry.
I dug deep and googled hard on how to disable the Regestration process
to no avail so I added the .openoffice.org.2 from a configured test
users /home to /etc/skel

Not sure if the following is the best method but it worked for me:

It's a pain to remove all the beta rpms

The following will help speed up the proccess.

1. rpm -qa | grep openoffice.org > OOrpms

(might want to read OOrpms now and make sure these are the files you
want to remove)

2. cat OOrpms | xargs rpm -e

It might look like it stalled but it takes about a minute or so to complete.

John