[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.4.1 Released

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Aug 30 18:26:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 13:18, Eric Harrison wrote:
> What! K12LTSP 4.4.1? What happened to 4.4.0?
>
> Last week official ISOs for K12LTSP 4.4.0 were released, but was not
> officially announced. I sat down last night to write up the announcement
> and realized that there have been over 500 Megs of updates this week!
> That is roughly the normal threshold for building a new release.
>
> I would hate for people to install off a shiny new ISO, then have to
> update OpenOffice.org, glibc, the kernel, and other large packages. Why
> not just build a new ISO with these updates included?

Thank you!  The respin isos really do save a lot of time and trouble
compared to installing a base release and then pulling all the
updates even if you have a fast internet connection.  I've never
quite understood why the fedora project doesn't do this themselves.
When I mention it on their mailing list they mumble something about
it being too hard.  So thanks again for the effort.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com