[K12OSN] configuring dansguardian

Debbie Schiel debbie at redeemer.qld.edu.au
Wed Aug 31 01:05:58 UTC 2005

Hi Will, From one (fairly new) rookie to another I know how frustrating it can
all be, but stick with it, the whole process will turn you into a better
problem solver.

Another thing, when addressing the list I've learnt that you have to be very
specific when describing the nature of your problem, and patient and also
polite (I'm not saying you're not, I'm just saying!).

The first thing I do is enter the error message into google + the term
[k12osn].
This will bring up any related messages. I've found that 95% of the
time someone
else in the world has experienced the same problem as you and has
documented the
solution.

One thing you can try also is to do a search to try find the config file
'dansguardian.conf'.
"Expected binary file path: /usr/sbin/dansguardian" that's where it should be
but maybe in your system it is somewhere else. If so then you should tell
webmin where to find these config files by changing this in your 'module
config'.

Good luck!

Debbie
--