[K12OSN] backuppc

Dale Sykora dalen at czexan.net
Wed Feb 2 18:13:22 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:

> A user on the backuppc list recently posted a link to his
> step by step HOWTO for fedora:
> http://www.mybizguard.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=10
> It assumes that you know how to use CPAN to install perl modules
> and the clients are windows boxes using the cygwin rsync program
> but if anyone gets that far and has trouble or wants to use
> a different client target or method I'll be happy to answer
> questions.
>
> ---
>   Les Mikesell
>    les at futuresource.com

Les,
	The instructions work well (so far so good).  I did notice that
BackupPC looks for par2 which was not in FC2 and I could not find it.
Is this neccesary?  If so, do you know where I can get it?  Also, I
wanted to mention that I use the rsyncd method with the cwRsync win
client from http://www.itefix.no/ and it seems to work good.  If anyone
has trouble with cygwin-rsyncd, you can give cwRsync a try.

Thanks,

Dale