[K12OSN] Two related problems

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 3 22:39:18 UTC 2005

Hi;

I still cannot get my system to set the default gateway automatically.

I looked at the dhcp lease, and the correct gateway is in the lease
file, but the gateway is not being set.

I thought maybe the problem was with the firewall, but I reinstalled
without the firewall and I have the same problem.

So, my question is ... to which file can I add a line like
route add default gw 10.0.0.1
which will be run at startup?

2nd question, which is related because the system is fine as long as
no one reboots it is ... How do I keep regular users from rebooting
the system?

I used gdmconfig to remove the shutdown and reboot buttons from
the login screen, but those choices are still available when a user
logs out.

My solution was to chmod 0 /sbin/halt but that seems a bit drastic.

Thanks for your time.