[K12OSN] Migrating users from a Samba 2.2.3a / smbpasswd domain to a new Samba3 / LDAP domain

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Sun Feb 6 10:49:55 UTC 2005

I have an existing Samba 2x domain with serveral hundred machines & several
thousand users information that I'd like to migrate onto a sandbox Samba 3 /
LDAP domain for testing.

I have read in the Samba3 by example book about migrating a NT4 domain to
Samba 3 using the "vampire" command, do you think this would work for a
Samba 2x domain as it is acting like one?

I realise I'd have to copy over all the roaming profiles but this isn't much
of an issue as most of the students one's only contain "Favourites" and it's
only the staff one's I need to worry about.

Thanks
Brian
Portsmouth College