[K12OSN] How to drive copy Linux

Ehrhart, Jay ehrhart at ycoe.org
Mon Feb 7 17:30:19 UTC 2005

I am running Red Hat 3 AS with one 36 GB SCSI drive.  I have the drive
partitioned, home, usr, /, var.  I want to copy the entire drive to
another SCSI drive attached to the cable so I can install the drive
drive in an identical server.  Then I can rename and renumber the server
and be done.  I used Ghost 7.5 which copied the data but would the
system would not boot.  It got to Grub in the boot squence and stopped.
How can I get this to work?  Or what is the method to copy or clone a
Linux drive to another?

Thanks,

Jay