[K12OSN] Making K12LTSP

Rob Owens robowens at myway.com
Tue Feb 8 12:14:48 UTC 2005

I think if you found a software company that felt that they were about to be trounced by their competition, you might have some luck getting them to port to linux.  For instance, if MS put out a knock-off of "Reader Rabbit", then the makers of Reader Rabbit might start to get a little nervous and starting looking into other markets.

But a company who is already selling to everybody in the Windows world has little reason to port their work to another platform.  That's real work!  They'd be much happier just selling copies of the same old thing to the Windows community.

Search out the underdogs and ask them to produce software for linux.

-Rob