[K12OSN] Re: RE: smbldap-installer v. 1.2-gamma (Tom Astle)

Matt Oquist moquist-k12osn at majen.net
Tue Feb 8 21:05:20 UTC 2005

> From: Tom Astle <tom at pcc.com>
> I just installed the new package and it works.  I am having only one problem
> now.
> I added myself through the smbldap-useradd script and I can log into the
> virtual consoles, I cannot log into gnome.  What's happening?

I don't know; I'm bringing up a test box myself ATM so I'll see if
I can duplicate this.

I hate to ask this, but have you rebooted since you ran the
smbldap-installer?  LDAP seems to depend in some way I don't
understand on being initialized properly, and the only way I've been
able to do that so far is to reboot the server after running the
smbldap-installer.

--matt