[K12OSN] Strange route table 169.254.0.0

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Feb 9 21:18:41 UTC 2005

The standard IP address to assign to a system that can't obtain a dhcp
address is 169.254.x.x (can't remember the rest).  So my guess is your
eth1 is setup for dhcp but is not grabbing an address and defaulting to
169.254.x.x and that is why you show routing for 169.254.0.0

Did i miss something in ltsp routing table?
I'm missing the local loopback 127.0.0.1 entry and i have this
additionnal 169.254.0.0 network pointing to eth1, that would be on the
Internet side.?
ifconfig reports everything is OK
Cant figure out were loopback went and were 169.254 came from.