[K12OSN] Making K12LTSP "school friendly"

richard ingalls aslansreturn at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 07:00:26 UTC 2005

--- Steve Hargadon <steve.hargadon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I visited with the folks at Win4Lin this last week,
> and they are
> willing to take any sofware that we say is critical
> for schools and
> get it configured and running for the email garden
> we're hosting at
> NECC 2005 in Philadelphia in June.
>
> Here's the list I compiled from this thread so far:
>
> Oregon Trail
> Reader Rabbit
> Jumpstart Math
> Kidspiration/Inspiration
> Accelerated Reader
> Carmen SanDeigo
>
> They would also like to "test case" a couple of
> schools that are
> currently using LTSP and want to run certain Windows
> apps.  Let me
> know if you are interested.  Pretty good
> opportunity...
>
> Steve
>

> --
> Steve Hargadon
> 916-899-1400 direct

steve.  i'm interested for the sake of my school.  i'm
the guy that started this thread and i'm a classroom
teacher.  i know i could make my entire district (one
prek-8 building) to switch over to Linux if i can get
these apps running.  and, of course, then other
districts would be interested also and then maybe i
could start a business helping other districts setup
linux labs and running their windows educational
software.  that would be awesome!

contact me off-list if you want or on-list.