[K12OSN] running DHCP by default

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 17:09:38 UTC 2005

I'm no scripter, but something like this would work I
think:

Modify the pertinent files so that when you issue a
"service dhcpd start", it first puts out a dhcp
request for a bogus interface.  If it receives an IP
address, then there is already a dhcp server on the
network and your new dhcp server should not be allowed
to start.

-Rob