[K12OSN] Helping out at the ltsp booth at Linux World

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Feb 17 18:47:26 UTC 2005

I just wanted to take the time to let everyone know that if they have
never volunteered some of their time to help at the ltsp booth or any
other open source initiative, they should.

I have to say I have never met a better group of people working
together.  It is an excellent experience that really helps you
understand how the open source community works and is able to exist.

I always have people say "Sure it is free now, but what about in 2
years?", or "What kind of people would actually develop software for
free, and why?".  I really wish those people could witness what I did
over the last few days so they could truly understand.

Thanks again guys for all of the information I gathered from you and for
your dedication.  I myself now have a much better understanding of the
open source community and am more dedicated now then ever to help
support it.  And funds and time permitting I hope to see you all at
future events.

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188