[K12OSN] Tech to PC ratios?

Thomas E. Haynes haynest at mchsi.com
Fri Feb 18 11:10:36 UTC 2005

At a conference last summer, there were a bunch of us in a session who had
1-to-1 laptop programs in mostly private day schools. We took a quick poll,
and the average there for tech to machine was from 1:200 to 1:250. I am in a
boarding environment, and we are better than 1:100, but there are other
issues with network infrastructure and the 24-7 quality of the residential
side.

I am interested in converting a math lab to a LTSP lab, but other that that
the only linux machines on campus are the three servers I manage.

Regards...   Tom