[K12OSN] I am the Teachertool Author...

Luis Montes luis.montes at cox.net
Tue Feb 22 15:17:28 UTC 2005

doing a "yum install TeacherTool" got it for me on k12ltsp 1.1.1

Robert,

This a cool script. Hardly a hack. It solves alot of problems for ltsp
admins.

I was about to write something similar until I came accross this.
Looking at your code, I think my solution would have been way over
engineered. (was thinking SOAP/tomcat server with java gui front end)

The only stuff I'd add to it is the use of the ltspinfo & ltspinfod that
came with 4.x to remotely reboot or shutdown a client.
You could aslo use it to probe remote kernel things in the /proc files
system for client hardware info.

Here's a screenshot of my changes
http://school.qop.org/lmontes/teachertool.png

Luis