[K12OSN] Printing prob almost sorted out- help!

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 18:01:16 UTC 2005

Since our network seizures we have been having printing troubles.  Most
users who were logged on during the several days of sporadic disconnectivity
must have something corrupted in their homes.  This is what I've done so far
to sort this out, with a few observations along the way-

1-  My common test user logon can print from the K12LTSP box- not a client
2-  The  common user's Firefox closes if File/Print is clicked when sitting
in front of a client
3-  Deleted every file and dir from /tmp- Common user's Firefox still
crashes printing from client
4-  Deleted every dir, file and hidden file (except .X* from common user)-
user's Firefox still crashes printing from client
5-  Deleted user's folder from home, mkdir and chown username username in
home
6-  Logon as user on client- PRINTING FROM FIREFOX NOW WORKS!!

There must be something left in the user's home.  I hope someone can shed
some light on this, as probably 450 users of 750 can't print from Firefox.

Thanks,  Jim