[K12OSN] OT-Samba/Win2k Problem

Samps samps at unplugd.com
Sun Feb 27 03:36:45 UTC 2005

Carl Keil wrote:
I have reconnect at logon checked.  When I start up win2k it
> tries to connect but gives me a "incorrect user name or password" error
> box.

I think your problem might lie between the lines above...

When you tick the 'Reconnect at logon', Windows will use the credentials
of the user that put the tick to map the drives...  and if you're not
that user then you have entered the wrong credentials...

Try again without ticking that checkbox and disconnect the Windows
drives as you log off.

cheers
Samps