[RANT] Re: [K12OSN] Installing using disk image WinXP pro

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Sun Feb 27 05:08:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 04:53, Paul Satherley wrote:
> Sudev Barar wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 06:04 +1300, Krsnendu dasa wrote:
> >

> >>A little background:
> >>
> >>As mentioned in a recent email I need to install WinXP pro on 5 computers at
> >>our school. Each machine has identical hardware.
> >>
> >>*********************
> >>Specific task at hand:
> >>
> >>I would like to install WindowsXP incl. updates, antivirus and other
> >>essential programs on one computer, then copy the image of the hard drive to
> >>the other machine.
> >>

> You right and wrong... the NZ govmt is forcing everone to MS by _giving_
> them MS stuff and picking up the Tab..now
> checking hows its implemneted and holding schools to account for this...
> So there is no level playing field where each alternative to computer
> education has no cost...
> which is wrong...  Now everyone is asking for Exchange, MSSQL to support
> this desktop crap?
> everyone is being insideous trapped here in NZ with the Govmt blessing.

I know and appreciate K's zeal ( have seen lots of his posts) and trying to find the best solution but it is he ( and others in NZ ) who will have to put pressure on the commercial support and either get it or demonstrate to NZ government what a lemon has been sold to them.
As a principle is asking OSS list to support what is commercially to be delivered correct?
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux