[K12OSN] openoffice installation cd's

Adam Melancon adammelancon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 23:06:35 UTC 2005

What you can do is create an .iso file and dump and autorun.inf file
in there that is set to automatically open a webpage off of the cd
(software.html).  When the page opens, it has links to all of the apps
on the cd, and under openoffice you can put a note saying "install
this first before openoffice" and it links to the exe for JRE.  When
they click on it will ask them to open it and it will install, then
they can go back to the page and install openoffice.

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:19:45 -0600, Petre Scheie <petre at maltzen.net> wrote:
> I have both of these in an .iso that I used to rebuild a Windows machine last
> week.  There are some other files in there, too: Firefox, Thunderbird, a couple
> others I can't recall.  I can generate a new (smaller) .iso if you want.  As
> David Trask said, just have the user install the JRE piece first (it's really
> easy, brainless) and OOo will find it when you install it.
>
> Petre
>
> Huck wrote:
> > Has anyone created a CD to give to folks that will install the full OO
> > suite WITH the java portions enabled, on a win32 system?
> > JRE of some sort needs to be installed first I believe?
> >
> > If anyone has an .iso that they'd be willing to share or instructions on
> > how to achieve, I'd appreciate it!
> >

> > --Huck

Adam Melancon
Work: http://www.vermilion.lib.la.us