[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.0 beta #7 & a new mirror

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 22:23:47 UTC 2005

Jay:

I'm working on selling K12LTSP installations, servers, and
workstations as a commercial business.  So far, we've installed in two
schools, and I think both would be open to follow-ups for the purpose
of any studies.  In fact, there are some commonalities with those who
have expressed interest in K12 installations:

1.  Private or charter schools almost exclusively
2.  A willingness to be seen on the "cutting edge"

It's the second that makes me think they would enjoy participating in
any studies.

Let me know what I can do.

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:43:01 -0500, Jay Pfaffman <pfaffman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:45:30 -0800 (PST), Eric Harrison
> <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:
>
> > The University of Kentucky was kind enough to donate significant
> > bandwidth & disk space.
>
> As the one who cajoled folks here at UTK.edu to set up an account for
> Eric, I'd like to point out that utk.edu is the University of
> TENNESSEE in Knoxville. :-)
>
> Having K12LTSP updates on my LAN is a nice benefit, but I wouldn't
> mind if folks who use K12LTSP and are considering getting a degree in
> instructional technology knew that Tennessee was a place to consider
> when looking at schools.  I'm looking for ways to advocate for Open
> Source Software in schools and places to do studies of how it improves
> teaching and learning and changes the way that teachers and students
> use computers in schools.
>
>  >  http://sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/linux/k12ltsp/
>  >   ftp://sunsite.utk.edu/pub/linux/k12ltsp/
>
> --
> Jay Pfaffman                           <pfaffman at utk.edu>
> Asst Professor of Instructional Technology, U. TN, Knoxville

Steve Hargadon
916-652-8600 ext. 711