[K12OSN] Running K12LTSP on existing windows network without modifying window

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Jan 17 20:25:27 UTC 2005

What I used to do is run two nics in the K12LTSP server.....I made my lab
a seperate subnet on the network....an isolated section.  Then I created
an IP alias to the other nic to allow the machines on that private subnet
to be able to connect to the other part of the LAN and thus connect to
windows.  In fact, my lab machines were able to join the domain this way
and access roaming profiles.  Worked great and there's no switching cables.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us